Friday, December 9, 2011

Sausage Biscuit Treats


My friend, Jennifer, and her family are truly some of the sweetest people I know.  Her entire family is sweet as honey; they are caring, kind, and loving.  Brandon and I were so blessed to have Jennifer and Barrett as our first friends when we moved to Augusta (thanks, Laurie!).  And we love their two-year old so very much.  Last November, the week of Thanksgiving, I stayed the night at Jennifer and Barrett's house while our house was being used by our neighbors during a tragic time in their lives.  Jennifer and Barrett were gracious enough to allow me to stay with them while their family was in town for the holiday.  "Mimi", Jennifer's mom, offered me breakfast--"sausage biscuits" she called them-- as I was leaving for work the next morning.  Sure, I'd take a sausage biscuit.  A Bojangles, McDonalds, or Burger King kind of biscuit was what I expected to find...boy was I wrong!  As I was driving to work, I opened the paper towel that the biscuit was wrapped in.  What I found was no ordinary sausage biscuit.  This biscuit was done up right with cheese and egg and other goodness.  Oh, it was so, so yummy!

Mimi and Jennifer graciously shared the recipe with me and I have made these many times since.  Supposedly, the original recipe was taken from an Upson Regional Medical Center cookbook; however, the author is unknown.  We will just let Mimi and Jennifer take the credit for this one...Enjoy!

Sausage Biscuit Treats
Miriam Elsey, Jennifer Hayes

1 can Grand Flaky biscuits, 8 count (Jennifer says be sure to use name brand)
2 eggs, beaten
1 lb sausage, cooked and drained
1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Separate biscuits in half by layers. Place each half in a muffin tin which has been sprayed with cooking spray.  Press and form into cups.
Add eggs and cheese to sausage and mix well.  Spoon mixture into open cups of muffin tin.  Bake for 10-12 minutes.

Yields:  16 muffins



Enjoy!

Marie

1 comment:

  1. I think I will make these for Church Sunday morning. They look great!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you! Leave us a comment below..