Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mango-Pineapple Smoothie

McDonald's ain't got nothin' on this!

So I caught a break at work and came home for an hour to let Jasper out and piddle around a bit before going back. I began to get that yearning for something sweet (you know that feeling that you can't ignore?). I ate a Subway salad for lunch without cheese and with fat-free dressing so I thought I deserved something good. Something with some weight.

Several weeks ago I came across a recipe for a mango-pinapple smoothie from Weight Watchers. It just so happened that Publix had mangos on sale that week so I bought one, came home and chopped it up, and put it in the freezer for when the time felt right to make the delicious-looking smoothie. Well, the time was right today because I found that all of the remaining ingredients I needed were in my pantry and frig. I altered the recipe just a bit and instead of drinking the serving size, I proceeded to finish the entire thing (sorry Brandon!). I never thought a smoothie would be the first recipe on our new blog but it seems as though it's worked out to be. I took a quick snapshot and voila...here it is!



Mango-Pineapple Smoothie
adapted from Weight Watchers
  • 1/2 cup orange juice
  • 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
  • 1 cup canned (or fresh) pineapple chunks, drained, reserve juice*
  • 1/2 to 1 tsp reserved pineapple juice (can omit if thicker consistency is desired)
  • 1 1/2 cups mango chunks, slightly thawed*
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
*The great part about this recipe is its flexibility; you can substitute with any fruit desired. I think strawberry-banana-pineapple would be one of my top favorite combos. (And maybe with a hint of spiced rum???)

Drink and enjoy!
Marie

1 comment:

  1. Marie....I can't wait to try this because I LOVE the Mango-Pineapple Smoothie from McDonald's...and my attempt was a bust!!!
    Kimberly Page Cooper

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you! Leave us a comment below..