Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Meet Our Friend Oven

Ahh, another new and exciting adventure involving food and my mama--my favorite combination. Welcome to "Our Friend Oven." This all began with an epiphany I had in the shower Friday morning. The thought of creating a seperate blogspot just for food and recipes and tag-teaming with the best, my mom, randomly entered my mind. It made me want to shout "Eureka!" It was brillant and I immediately called mama to discuss how this was going to work. So just a few days later, this is where we find ourselves.

This is going to work very similar to "Up on Blue Berryhill" except you will be receiving recipes from me and mama. You will find Southern favorites, our attempts at food decorating, and some originals. Don't let the name fool you, though...our site will not be limited to baked goods. Oven is going to invite her friends Stove, Kitchen Sink, Refrigerator, etc. along for the ride:)

To kick off "Our Friend Oven" (get ready for this, it's going to be cheesy), we are going to have a drawing for a couple of items that we consider "kitchen essentials". All you have to do is leave a comment to this post or any others between now and next Monday, August 15 (or you can email us at ourfriendoven@gmail.com) and your name will be entered into a drawing. We will post the winner Monday evening.

Enjoy,
Marie

5 comments:

  1. Marie- I think this is such a cute idea! I am looking forward to great recipes and kitchen tips from you and your mama! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to some Great Recipes! (Especially Thunder Thigh Thursdays)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the sweetest idea ever!! I'm already in love with the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait for more great recipes from you! I think you have this blogging thing figured out!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you! Leave us a comment below..